Innovation/Career Academy Instructor
Achievement House Cyber Charter School (grades 7-12), headquartered in Exton, PA is seeking an Innovation/Career Academy Instructor for the balance of this 2020-2021 school year and beyond. The position is a full-time, salaried, 10-month position and paid over 12 months.
The candidate for this position will work onsite in our Exton (Chester County) location. NOTE: during the COVID-19 pandemic, employees are given the option to work from home.
This is a new position created to support the school’s continued growth to provide students more hands-on learning experiences in technology to broaden their career choices. Responsibility includes:
Developing and teaching Maker classes
- 3D Printing
- Raspberry Pi:
- Python and Scratch development
- Search and Rescue
- Droneblocks simulator
- FAA Remote Pilot Certification
- Microcontrollers: Arduino and Micro:bit
- Low code/no code Development:
- Power Apps
- Power Automate
- Digital Media:
- Graphic Design:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrate
- Digital Photography
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Graphic Design:
Developing and delivering cross-curricular activities:
- Create cross-curricular lessons with the school’s Curriculum Coordinator and core content teachers to align with maker-space activities.
- Design and implement school-wide Project-based days four times a year.
- Deliver group professional development sessions as well as working one-on-one with individual teachers to explore innovative ways to integrate technology and CTE PBL-based lessons into core subject areas.
Coordinating Mobile Maker Lab event locations:
- Search for locations accessible to clusters of students.
- Ensure all locations have safety regulations up-to-date, internet is available, has access to public and personal transportation, sufficient rest rooms are available, and enough space for event activities and presentations.
- Schedule reservations and sign rental contracts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Information Technology or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- PA certification in Business, Computer and Information Technology or Technology Education or willingness to pursue such certification while in the position.
- PA certification in Art or experience teaching Art related subject area useful, but not required.
- Prior experience training instructional staff on an array of instructional and technology-based practices a plus.
- Experience with the development of training materials.
- Knowledge of online pedagogy and facilitation. Actual prior cyber experience a plus.
- Exceptional communication and teaching skills, an appreciation for teaching and learning and the ability and desire to keep up with the current technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills required to effectively facilitate staff coaching and development.
- Demonstrated success integrating various technologies into classroom instruction.
- Well versed with emerging technologies.
- Proven experience promoting student engagement.
Child abuse and criminal background clearances, including Act 168, are required. Must also complete Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
Applicants should forward their resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.