Achievement House Cyber Charter School, headquartered in Exton, PA (grades 7 through 12) is seeking a Guidance Assistant to support a fast-paced Guidance department. This position is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt, salaried position. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor newly enrolled students to ensure that all students are effectively scheduled on the same day as the orientation.
- Generate and coordinate academic records with sending and receiving schools. Produce transcripts and calculate GPA.
- Retrieve students’ past PSSA and Keystone scores.
- Handle all Social Security Administration documentation and correspondence incoming/exiting students.
- Entering all student history, tracking down documents to complete history, checking records for accuracy.
- Contact schools to get transcripts and receipt of releases.
- Complete grad sheets necessary for placement.
- Assist with answering general questions or concerns to the Guidance Department.
- Organize college materials received by Guidance.
- Collect SAT and/or ACT scores for students and send them out to colleges upon request.
- Track students’ college applications and acceptance information.
- Help with logistics for the Graduation Ceremony.
- Complete mailings (mail merges, printing, mailing) as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with report card process.
- Complete filing process for withdrawn students (pull folders, file, etc.).
- Collect data needed for weekly progress reports for students in athletic programs.
- Send weekly progress reports for students involved in athletic programs to districts as required.
- Assist with summer school program.
- Be part of a rotational team to back-up the front desk reception area when needed.
Must be skilled in use of MS Office including high proficiency in Excel. Must have the ability to multitask and adjust work schedule as needed to effectively meet the expectations of a fast-paced department. Excellent customer services skills required as well as professional verbal and written communication skills.
High School diploma required. Advanced degree is preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ work experience providing general administrative support. Prior experience in an educational environment a plus. Child abuse and criminal background clearances are required, including Act 168 Disclosure/Release. Must also complete Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
Applicant should forward their resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation/Career Academy Instructor
Achievement House Cyber Charter School (grades 7-12), headquartered in Exton, PA is seeking an Innovation/Career Academy Instructor for the balance of this 2020-2021 school year and beyond. The position is a full-time, salaried, 10-month position and paid over 12 months.
The candidate for this position will work onsite in our Exton (Chester County) location. NOTE: during the COVID-19 pandemic, employees are given the option to work from home.
This is a new position created to support the school’s continued growth to provide students more hands-on learning experiences in technology to broaden their career choices. Responsibility includes:
Developing and teaching Maker classes
- 3D Printing
- Raspberry Pi:
- Python and Scratch development
- Search and Rescue
- Droneblocks simulator
- FAA Remote Pilot Certification
- Microcontrollers: Arduino and Micro:bit
- Low code/no code Development:
- Power Apps
- Power Automate
- Digital Media:
- Graphic Design:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrate
- Digital Photography
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Graphic Design:
Developing and delivering cross-curricular activities:
- Create cross-curricular lessons with the school’s Curriculum Coordinator and core content teachers to align with maker-space activities.
- Design and implement school-wide Project-based days four times a year.
- Deliver group professional development sessions as well as working one-on-one with individual teachers to explore innovative ways to integrate technology and CTE PBL-based lessons into core subject areas.
Coordinating Mobile Maker Lab event locations:
- Search for locations accessible to clusters of students.
- Ensure all locations have safety regulations up-to-date, internet is available, has access to public and personal transportation, sufficient rest rooms are available, and enough space for event activities and presentations.
- Schedule reservations and sign rental contracts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Information Technology or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- PA certification in Business, Computer and Information Technology or Technology Education or willingness to pursue such certification while in the position.
- PA certification in Art or experience teaching Art related subject area useful, but not required.
- Prior experience training instructional staff on an array of instructional and technology-based practices a plus.
- Experience with the development of training materials.
- Knowledge of online pedagogy and facilitation. Actual prior cyber experience a plus.
- Exceptional communication and teaching skills, an appreciation for teaching and learning and the ability and desire to keep up with the current technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills required to effectively facilitate staff coaching and development.
- Demonstrated success integrating various technologies into classroom instruction.
- Well versed with emerging technologies.
- Proven experience promoting student engagement.
Child abuse and criminal background clearances, including Act 168, are required. Must also complete Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
Applicants should forward their resume via e-mail to: email@example.com.