Achievement House is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Achievement House Cyber Charter School, located in Exton, PA (grades 7 through 12), is seeking a Mathematics teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This position is a full-time, salaried, ten-month position (paid over 12 months).
The candidate for this teaching position will work onsite in our Exton (Chester County) office. Partial work from home schedule is available after reaching certain length of service.
Teaching responsibilities will include:
- Designing PA standards-aligned lessons and assessments for use in the cyber environment;
- Teaching and recording live lessons using an online classroom;
- Grading lesson submissions according to Achievement House protocol and maintaining records in an online gradebook;
- Communicating course expectations, class times, and upcoming events to students and parents using e-mail, messaging, and course announcements;
- Contacting students and/or parents of students who are struggling and/or not completing assignments; and
- Developing and implementing programs of individual and small group help sessions on a regular basis according to student need.
We are looking for a Math teacher who brings passion every day and possesses an in-depth knowledge of math and the ability to effectively demonstrate numeric functions, equations, and various mathematical principles to students. The ideal candidate will help our students think hypothetically, figure out causes and effects, understand mathematical structures and verify solutions. Qualified candidates must believe in the ability of all students to learn and be committed to continuous learning.
Teachers will be trained on how to use the online school Learning Management System (LMS) to provide organized lessons, live classes, e-mail communications, course announcements, grading, and to be able to locate resource information using search tools.
A PA teaching certificate in Mathematics 7-12 is required. Candidates must possess the ability to utilize technology and develop necessary technology skills required to use online curriculum and LMS. Prior experience in a cyber setting is a plus, but not required. FBI and background clearances are required. Candidates must also complete Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
Applicants should forward their resumes to Bob Worn, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org